With the development of advanced computer technology, experts have developed many wonderful things. Augmented Reality is one of the inventions that have mesmerized experts and ordinary people. The earliest AR technology was not as advanced as it is now. But it became a subject of interest for computer enthusiasts all over the world. With time, experts have managed to create the most spectacular devices and programs. The latest version is quite stunning. Various industries have, therefore, started using AR technology now.
What Is Augmented Reality?
In short words, Augmented Reality is the enhancement of real-time objects or environments with computer technology. When someone perceives a real-world item or surroundings with AR technology, they see everything in an enhanced or upgraded state.
Brief History of Augmented Reality
According to records, Ivan Sutherland, also called “Father of Computer Graphics,” created the first AR head-mounted display system at Harvard in 1968. In the following decades, experts in different places continued with research and experiments. The result has been very fruitful, as everyone can see. The AR technology is at a very advanced stage now. Thus, as mentioned earlier, many industries employ AR technology in promoting their business and products.
How Does It Differ From Virtual Reality?
For someone new to AR technology, they might be wondering if AR and VR(Virtual Reality) are the same or different. The answer is NO. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality are distinct from each other. Augmented Reality employs real-life things and the environment and adds computer-generated enhancements. In comparison, Virtual Reality takes a person to another surrounding that is virtual and blocks the real world at that moment. The virtual surrounding maybe a picture from an animated scene or the real world installed in a VR app.
Industries That Use Augmented Reality Technology
As of now, several industries employ AR technology, and they have been very successful. It is quite likely that shortly, more will start using it. The following are some of the industries that use AR technology at the moment. They are:
- Real Estate
All the industries mentioned above employ AR technology in one way or the other. The usage is sure to expand once it becomes more accessible and less expensive. At present, industries can employ AR technology only because of several AR developers’ hard work and dedication. These companies are also VR developers. Hence, they have a double job and responsibility. The companies mentioned below are some of the top AR and VR developers at the moment.
- Bonsai Media Group
- Lucid Reality Labs
- Groove Jones
- Mutual Mobile
According to surveys and reviews, these companies receive high star ratings. Hence, it is safe to say that these companies develop unique products. Some major tech companies are also showing great interest in AR technology. With them in the fray, the future of AR technology looks very bright. Those companies involved in AR technology are:
- Magic Leap
- Zappar and
- Augmented Reality Labs
Advantages and Disadvantages of Augmented Reality
Like everything else in the world, Augmented Reality also has advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Augmented Reality:
- Currently, it is the most advanced technology which offers an amplified feeling of reality.
- It gives a fantastic user experience and provides customer retention better with the guided pathways.
- It decreases the difference between what is true in the physical world and what is computer generated.
- Militaries worldwide use AR technology to produce a battlefield before actually going out and risking their lives.
- It becomes simple to grasp the workflow of the application with the instructions given in the AR-based application.
Disadvantages of Augmented Reality:
- It can be dangerous for users sometimes since it can reduce the difference between the virtual and real world so much.
- User data is at risk since the equipment and applications associated with AR do not guarantee privacy.
- The implementation of AR technology requires a long list of software and hardware resources.
- It is also relatively expensive, and not everybody can afford it.
Tech companies are still developing AR technology. They are sure to improve it even more in the coming days. With all the major companies and industries showing interest, it will only grow better and bigger. Till that time, enthusiasts can enjoy the marvelous creation whenever they get an opportunity. … Continue Reading